Help us keep the lights on
1.0.0 - Apr 3, 2018
📦 Introducing Service, a dependency injection / inversion of control framework.
Getting Started: https://docs.vapor.codes/3.0/service/getting-started/
Changes since 1.0.0-rc.2.2:
- Cleaned up code, organized files, added many missing API docs. Converted some APIs to
internalto reduce API surface.
ContainerAliastype allows a type to simply be an alias for another container. This allows
SubContainerto become more specialized, reducing confusion.
1.0.0-rc.2.2 - Mar 25, 2018
argumentsstored property to
Environment. This can be used going forward to get and mutate the command line arguments in a non-static way.
1.0.0-rc.2.1 - Mar 22, 2018
- Added some convenience methods for working with
1.0.0-rc.2 - Mar 21, 2018
- Vapor is now running on Swift NIO!
- Providers now have separate
didBootmethods. Providers are expected to do as much work as possible in the
didBootmethod, making it much simpler for other providers to pre-empt that typical work (such as running something before migrations run in Fluent).
- Provider lifecycle methods now return a Future
to ensure proper handling of async work. Note, this does not include the
registerservices method since no async work should be done before there is a container available.
- Service tags and "needed by/for" have been removed. They were not really useful for anything and unnecessarily complicated the API.