RestKit for Watson Developer Cloud Swift SDK
RestKit is a dependency used in the IBM Watson Swift SDK.
It provides the networking layer used by the Swift SDK to communicate between your iOS app and Watson services.
For more information on IBM Watson services, visit the IBM Watson homepage.
- Xcode 9.3+
- Swift 4.2+
- iOS 10.0+
You can install Cocoapods with RubyGems:
$ sudo gem install cocoapods
If your project does not yet have a Podfile, use the
pod init command in the root directory of your project. To install RestKit using Cocoapods, add the following to your Podfile (substituting
MyApp with the name of your app).
use_frameworks! target 'MyApp' do pod 'IBMWatsonRestKit', '~> 3.0.3' end
Then run the
pod install command, and open the generated
.xcworkspace file. To update to a newer release of RestKit, use
pod update RestKit.
For more information on using Cocoapods, refer to the Cocoapods Guides.
You can install Carthage with Homebrew:
$ brew update $ brew install carthage
If your project does not have a Cartfile yet, use the
touch Cartfile command in the root directory of your project. To install RestKit using Carthage, add the following to your Cartfile.
github "watson-developer-cloud/restkit" ~> 3.0.3
Then run the following command to build the dependencies and frameworks:
$ carthage update --platform iOS
Follow the remaining Carthage installation instructions here. Make sure to drag-and-drop the built
RestKit.framework into your Xcode project and import it in the source files that require it.
Swift Package Manager
Add the following to your
Package.swift file to identify RestKit as a dependency. The package manager will clone RestKit when you build your project with
dependencies: [ .package(url: "https://github.com/watson-developer-cloud/restkit", from: "3.0.3") ]
We would love any and all help! If you would like to contribute, please read our CONTRIBUTING documentation with information on getting started.
This library is licensed under Apache 2.0. Full license text is available in LICENSE.
This SDK is intended for use with an Apple iOS product and intended to be used in conjunction with officially licensed Apple development tools.
You may find interesting
3.0.3 - 2019-06-13 15:18:11
- Allow date values to be specified with or without fractional seconds
3.0.2 - 2019-06-03 16:44:02
- Refactor bluemix to cloud.ibm
- Add detect secrets files to gitignore
3.0.1 - 2019-04-11 23:38:56
- Improve error response handling for IAM authentication (57c534f (https://github.com/watson-developer-cloud/restkit/commit/57c534f))
3.0.0 - 2019-03-27 23:38:43
- Add RestError.deserialization
RestResponsewith response headers for error responses
metadataassociated value to
- Add build step to run Swiftlint
- Capture IAM token to avoid reauthentication
2.0.0 - 2018-11-30 21:40:00
- Update the supported versions of Xcode, Swift, and iOS
- Improve the usefulness of
- Improve the usefulness of
RestError. Replace usage of
- Better error handling for
- Get rid of default value for
- 2018-10-09 20:02:06
- Add new
MultipartFormDatathat properly converts a file to
Data, then appending the data to the request body.
- 2018-09-10 17:32:42
- Improves the bug fix from version 1.1.0.
RestRequest.userAgentshould be set instead of
- 2018-09-04 17:16:22
- Incorrect Watson SDK version was being used in the "User-agent" header for all network requests. This value should now be set using the new
- 2018-09-04 17:13:47
This is the first standalone version. RestKit was previously integrated directly with the IBM Watson Swift SDK up until version v0.32.0.