A library of Swift utils to ease your iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS and Linux development.
- iOS 10+ / macOS 10.12+ / tvOS 10+ / watchOS 3+ / Ubuntu 14.04+
- Xcode 10
- Swift 4.2
Documentation is available online.
CocoaPods is a dependency manager for Cocoa projects. You can install it with the following command:
$ gem install cocoapods
CocoaPods 1.1.0+ is required to build Mechanica 1.0.0+.
To integrate Mechanica into your Xcode project using CocoaPods, specify it in your
source 'https://github.com/CocoaPods/Specs.git' platform :ios, '10.0' use_frameworks! target '<Your Target Name>' do pod 'Mechanica', '~> 2.2.0' end
Then, run the following command:
$ pod install
Carthage is a decentralized dependency manager that builds your dependencies and provides you with binary frameworks.
You can install Carthage with Homebrew using the following command:
$ brew update $ brew install carthage
To integrate Mechanica into your Xcode project using Carthage, specify it in your
github "tinrobots/Mechanica" ~> 2.2.0
carthage update to build the framework and drag the built
Mechanica.framework into your Xcode project.
Swift Package Manager
The Swift Package Manager is a tool for automating the distribution of Swift code and is integrated into the
Once you have your Swift package set up, adding Mechanica as a dependency is as easy as adding it to the
dependencies value of your
dependencies: [ .package(url: "https://github.com/tinrobots/Mechanica.git", from: "2.2.0") ]
If you prefer not to use either of the aforementioned dependency managers, you can integrate Mechanica into your project manually.
- Open up Terminal,
cdinto your top-level project directory, and run the following command "if" your project is not initialized as a git repository:
$ git init
- Add Mechanica as a git submodule by running the following command:
$ git submodule add https://github.com/tinrobots/Mechanica.git
Open the new
Mechanicafolder, and drag the
Mechanica.xcodeprojinto the Project Navigator of your application's Xcode project.
It should appear nested underneath your application's blue project icon. Whether it is above or below all the other Xcode groups does not matter.
Mechanica.xcodeprojin the Project Navigator and verify the deployment target matches that of your application target.
Next, select your application project in the Project Navigator (blue project icon) to navigate to the target configuration window and select the application target under the "Targets" heading in the sidebar.
In the tab bar at the top of that window, open the "General" panel.
Click on the
+button under the "Embedded Binaries" section.
You will see two different
Mechanica.xcodeprojfolders each with two different versions of the
Mechanica.frameworknested inside a
It does not matter which
Productsfolder you choose from, but it does matter whether you choose the top or bottom
Select the top
Mechanica.frameworkfor iOS and the bottom one for macOS.
You can verify which one you selected by inspecting the build log for your project. The build target for
Mechanicawill be listed as either
Mechanica is released under the MIT license. See LICENSE for details.
Pull requests are welcome!
Show your ❤ with a ★
Help us keep the lights on
3.0.0 - Apr 2, 2019
- Mechanica is now completely migrated to Swift 5. 🎉
- Added more Bundle utils.
2.2.0 - Jan 28, 2019
- Added more Sequence utils.
- Added more UIImage utils.
- Added more Collection utils.
- Added UIStackView utils.
- Added UIEdgeInsets utils.
2.1.0 - Nov 18, 2018
- Added DispatchQueue utils.
- Added more Sequence utils.
- Added more Optional utils.
- Added more Color utils.
- Added more SignedInteger utils.
- Added more NSPredicate utils
- Added more Image utils
- More tests.
2.0.0 - Sep 15, 2018
- Mechanica is now completely migrated to Swift 4.2.
- Added Date and Calendar utils. 📆
- Refactor NSObjectProtocol Utilities.
- Removed all the Random utils (implemented in Swift 4.2).
- Removed shuffle utils (implemented in Swift 4.2).
- NSAttributedString and NSMutableAttributedString utils now works on Linux.
- UserDefaults utils now works on Linux.
- Added Linux tests for Ubuntu 16.04.
1.7.0 - Jul 10, 2018
- Added cURL representation.
- Added UIImage utils (rounding and scaling).
- More String utils.
- More tests.