xcbeautify is a little beautifier tool for
xcpretty, but faster.
- [x] 2x faster than
- [x] Human-friendly and colored output.
- [x] Supports the new build system's output.
- [x] Supports Xcode 10's parallel testing output.
- [x] Supports formatting Swift Package Manager output.
- [x] Supports macOS & Linux.
- [x] Written in Swift:
xcbeautifycompiles to a static binary which you can bring anywhere. This also means less Ruby-dependant in your development environment and CI.
xcbeautify does not support generating JUnit or HTML test reports.
In fact, you shouldn't rely on
xcodebuild's output to generate test reports.
We suggest using trainer or
generate test reports from
xcbeautify uses itself to format its CI build logs.
If you use macOS 10.14.3 or earlier, install Swift 5 Runtime Support for Command Line Tools first:
brew cask install thii/swift-runtime/swift-runtime
brew tap thii/xcbeautify https://github.com/thii/xcbeautify.git brew install xcbeautify
swift brew install thii/xcbeautify
mint install thii/xcbeautify
xcbeautify binary will be installed at
Build from source
git clone https://github.com/thii/xcbeautify.git cd xcbeautify make install
xcodebuild [flags] | xcbeautify
If you want
xcbeautify to exit with the same status code as
(e.g. on a CI):
set -o pipefail && xcodebuild [flags] | xcbeautify
- [ ] Write more tests
To release a new version, say
make release version=x.y.z
Just send a PR! We don't bite ;)
Don't have a GitHub account or prefer old-school patching via email? Send your patch to the project's mailing list.
Help us keep the lights on
0.4.4 - Jun 29, 2019
- Remove backslashes before whitespaces in script build phases (#12) @guillaumealgis
0.4.3 - Jun 16, 2019
- Fix bottling error on macOS High Sierra.
0.4.2 - Jun 16, 2019
- Support building with Swift 4 (#10) @thii
0.4.1 - Apr 17, 2019
0.4.0 - Apr 17, 2019
- Reduces binary size.
- This version requires macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or above.