AWSSDK AppleOS Core
A Core Framework for AWSSDKAppleOS
This is the underlying driver for executing requests to AWS, but you should likely use one of the libraries provided by the package above instead of this! The code for this is based on AWSSDKSwiftCore.
This client utilizes Swift NIO to power its interactions with AWS. It returns an
EventLoopFuture in order to allow non-blocking frameworks to use this code. This version of aws-adk-swift-core uses the NIOTransportServices to provide network connectivity. The NIOTransportServices package is reliant on Network.framework. This means it can support all Apple platforms but is not available for Linux. Please see the Swift NIO documentation for more details, and please let us know via an Issue if you have questions!
Including AWSSDKAppleOS in your project
AWSSDKAppleOS is built using the Swift Package Manager. If you are building a macOS console application then you can continue to use the SPM to build your application.
// swift-tools-version:5.0 import PackageDescription let package = Package( name: "MyAWSTool", platforms: [ .iOS("12.2"), .macOS(.v10_14), .tvOS("12.2") ], dependencies: [ .package(url: "https://github.com/swift-aws/aws-sdk-appleos", from: "1.0.0"), ], targets: [ .target( name: "MyAWSTool", dependencies: ["CloudFront", "ELB", "ELBV2", "IAM"]), .testTarget( name: "MyAWSToolTests", dependencies: ["MyAWSTool"]), ] )
If you are building a Cocoa app or an iOS target then you need to generate a xcodeproj file to include in your iOS/Cocoa app xcodeproj. You can generate a xcodeproj file as follows
swift package generate-xcodeproj. When including your project make sure you include all the frameworks you use in the Embedded Binaries section of the project settings.
aws-sdk-appleos-core is released under the MIT license. See LICENSE for details.
Help us keep the lights on
0.3.1 - Aug 19, 2019
Update Package to use swift-aws version of Perfect-INIParser
0.3.0 - Aug 18, 2019
- If dictionary decoder expects an array but doesn't find one then stick object found inside an array. Fixes issue in API Gateway where single element arrays are just returned as the element.
- AWSClient.init() has a new sessionToken parameter.
- Add session tokens to headers before constructing authorization header.
- XML Parser ignores newlines as well as whitespace in between XML nodes.
- Don't encode single or double quotation marks in XML
- Added general purpose validation code to be used by auto-generated validate() functions in aws-sdk-swift.
- Added AWSShape.idempotencyToken() for auto-generating idempotency tokens.
- Added support for OpenSSL 1.1 while still supporting earlier versions.
- New me-south-1 region is available.
- Added the ability to edit response bodies before they are decoded into an AWSShape.
0.2.4 - Jul 19, 2019
- XML: when parsing don't add text nodes for whitespace, replicating default behaviour of Foundation XMLNode.
0.2.3 - Jul 12, 2019
Use same XML code that is used in aws-sdk-swift-core
0.2.2 - Jul 8, 2019
- Added regions eu-west-3, eu-north-1 and ap-east-1.
- XML attributes and namespaces are no longer stored in the children array of an XML element. This resolves some XML response parsing issues.