AWSSDK AppleOS Core
A Core Framework for AWSSDKAppleOS
This is the underlying driver for executing requests to AWS, but you should likely use one of the libraries provided by the package above instead of this! The code for this is based on AWSSDKSwiftCore.
This client utilizes Swift NIO to power its interactions with AWS. It returns an
EventLoopFuture in order to allow non-blocking frameworks to use this code. This version of aws-adk-swift-core uses the NIOTransportServices to provide network connectivity. The NIOTransportServices package is reliant on Network.framework. This means it can support all Apple platforms but is not available for Linux. Please see the Swift NIO documentation for more details, and please let us know via an Issue if you have questions!
Including AWSSDKAppleOS in your project
AWSSDKAppleOS is built using the Swift Package Manager. If you are building a macOS console application then you can continue to use the SPM to build your application.
// swift-tools-version:5.0 import PackageDescription let package = Package( name: "MyAWSTool", platforms: [ .iOS("12.2"), .macOS(.v10_14), .tvOS("12.2") ], dependencies: [ .package(url: "https://github.com/swift-aws/aws-sdk-appleos", from: "1.0.0"), ], targets: [ .target( name: "MyAWSTool", dependencies: ["CloudFront", "ELB", "ELBV2", "IAM"]), .testTarget( name: "MyAWSToolTests", dependencies: ["MyAWSTool"]), ] )
If you are building a Cocoa app or an iOS target then you need to generate a xcodeproj file to include in your iOS/Cocoa app xcodeproj. You can generate a xcodeproj file as follows
swift package generate-xcodeproj. When including your project make sure you include all the frameworks you use in the Embedded Binaries section of the project settings.
aws-sdk-appleos-core is released under the MIT license. See LICENSE for details.
Help us keep the lights on
0.2.3 - Jul 12, 2019
Use same XML code that is used in aws-sdk-swift-core
0.2.2 - Jul 8, 2019
- Added regions eu-west-3, eu-north-1 and ap-east-1.
- XML attributes and namespaces are no longer stored in the children array of an XML element. This resolves some XML response parsing issues.
0.2.1 - Jul 1, 2019
- Fixed issue parsing error XML
- Fixed XML encode performance issue
0.2.0 - Jun 26, 2019
- Output an empty body when the payload body is nil
- Added collection encoding to shape member. Use this to make decisions on encoding arrays and dictionaries in XML and queries.
- XML decode dictionaries with enum keys
- Percent encode more characters placed in query body
- Add ability to flatten all arrays in query encoder, needed for EC2
0.1.0 - Jun 18, 2019
Initial version of aws-sdk-appleos-core
- Based on NIO2.0 version of aws-sdk-swift-core
- Compiles for macOS, iOS, tvOS
- Added custom HttpClient that is setup to use NIOTransportServices
- Added custom version of XMLNode library for iOS, tvOS as it is not available for them