This package was created for academic use. It contains a Swift implementation of a strategic game and a CLI tool for creating game simulations.
This is used on Mac OS, but it might also run on Linux. You should have Swift 4.2 installed.
You need the protoc compiler and the swift plugin to build the included protocol buffers schema. See the plugin repo for more information.
# Install via homebrew brew install swift-protobuf
- Go to releases tab
- download the installation package (pkg file) for the latest release.
- open the package and follow installation instructions
- if OS X complains about missing signature, right-click the pkg and choose open
Build from source
# Clone this repo cd ~/documents/code git clone --recurse-submodules email@example.com:strategic-games/hangman.git cd hangman # Generate proto schema ./Scripts/generate-proto.sh # Build with xcodebuild xcodebuild install -scheme hangman-Package
# Clone this repo cd ~/documents/code git clone --recurse-submodules firstname.lastname@example.org:strategic-games/hangman.git cd hangman # Generate proto schema ./Scripts/generate-proto.sh # Build with swift swift build -c release # Run hangman swift run -c release hangman --help # Copy hangman to a binary search path where it is found from anywhere (optional) cp .build/release/hangman ~/bin/ hangman --help
Help us keep the lights on
0.6 - Feb 21, 2019
Added begriffix settings for variable direction restriction in first and other turns
0.5 - Jan 29, 2019
- Feature: dynamic minimum word lengths for Begriffix phases (defaults to 5 in restricted and 4 in liberal phase)
- Fix: Use default values in simulation where appropriate
0.4 - Dec 17, 2018
- variable board size
- infinite turns
- performance tweak: concurrentMap