Delta Chat Core Plugin
The Delta Chat core plugin provides a Flutter / Dart wrapper for the Delta Chat Core (DCC). This plugin interacts with the native platform and calls DCC to enable IMAP / SMTP based chats.
- Android state: Currently in development
- iOS state: Currently in development (20.11.19 - internal testing started, public release soon)
- The latest Flutter stable version is used (if problems occur try the Flutter Dev Channel)
- The latest Delta Chat Core master branch of this repository is used
- The used Delta Chat Core is currently only out of the box buildable using Linux (Debian / Ubuntu is recommended)
- Download the Android NDK stable version (r20b)
- The Android NDK must be on the PATH (ndk-build must be callable)
- Execute git submodule update --init --recursive
- Build and run the project via your IDE / Flutter CLI (the project contains an example app to test the plugin)
To be able to edit / extend this project the following steps are important:
- Create an issue
- Perform all actions mentioned under Execution
- Within this repository only Flutter / Dart and Java files should get edited. C files shouldn't get changed as they are provided by sub repositories or other sources
- Everything located in the com.b44t.messenger package is mainly provided by the Delta Chat core team. This code should not get altered.
- Implement your changes (if the Java part is changed a rebuild of the Android project could be needed)
- Add tests and code for the test suite
- Create a pull request
For help getting started with Flutter, view our online documentation.
For help on editing plugin code, view the documentation.
Flutter is based on Dart, more information regarding Dart can be found on the official website.