❤️ Support my work https://gum.co/ixSBCP ❤️
Your own key pair
You can go to some websites, create an account and have them manage your online wallets there. It also means that you can lose your money when they are hacked or compromised. Also, some websites make it very difficult to export the private keys.
Would you give your money safe key to strangers? The same applies for cryptocurrencies, the money is truly yours when only you have the keys. You can generate your own key pair, thanks to
A cryptocurrency account, which is based on Asymmetric cryptography, consists of 2 keys: public key and private key.
- The private key (raw or in wallet import format) is a secret number generated randomly. You spend money by using private key to sign transaction.
- The public key is derived from private key. Your account address is a hash value of this public key.
It's important that only you own and store these keys securely 💪
electron.js apps is a big red flag ‼️ Those are built on top of hundreds of libraries. Even if you're offline, who knows if any of those dependencies are doing evil 😱
While you're still skeptical, here are some readings
- I’m harvesting credit card numbers and passwords from your site. Here’s how.
- Hunting Malicious npm Packages
You deserve a safer solution ♥️
- Use pure Swift and C code. No extra dependencies.
- Support macOS 10.11
- Generate key pair using
OpenSSL. On macOS 10.13, it is LibreSSL 2.2.7 which is a fork of OpenSSL from 2014. OpenSSL seeds from
/dev/urandom, which guarantees very good entropy, so your keys are truly random and secure.
- No saving or networking. Your keys are generated and only you know about it.
- Support many cryptocurrencies
How to use
- Download the latest release
- Choose currency, then click "Generate"
- Store address together with public key, private key in a safe place.
AddressGenerator supports 176 currencies. Here are the list together with how to check balance.
| Currency | Balance checker | | ------------- | ------------- | | Bitcoin | https://blockchain.info/ | | Ethereum | https://etherscan.io/balancecheck-tool | | Ripple | https://bithomp.com/explorer/ | | Litecoin | http://explorer.litecoin.net/ | | Dash | https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ | | ... | ... | | Raiblocks | TODO | | Stellar | TODO | | EOS | TODO |
How does it work
- Bitcoin and similar coins addresses are based on Technical background of version 1 Bitcoin addresses, in form of Pay 2 Public Key Hash
- Ripple address is based on XRP Ledger Accounts
- Ethereum address and keccak 256 are based on official ethash
- Initial key prefixes are from WalletGenerator
If you find this project helpful, please consider donating 😝
- Bitcoin: 186hfQqr6ZkNfhs8b7oR927n3Fr9qnCQwU
- Ethereum: 0x7f2eA797329271e1b6f1E518A34f319A884A5A19
This project is released under the MIT license. See LICENSE.md
Help us keep the lights on
1.0.1 - Jan 12, 2018
- Fix https://github.com/onmyway133/AddressGenerator/issues/1
1.0.0 - Jan 8, 2018
- Initial release
- Support Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and other 100+ cryptocurrencies