Android tool for Mac
- Unzip AndroidTool.zip
- Copy AndroidTool.app to your Applications folder
- Right click AndroidTool and choose Open
Android tool lets you do common Android designer and developer tasks in one click:
- Take screenshots
- Take screen videos
- Install (sideload) APKs without the Play Store
- Take bug reports
- Use common scripts
- Do all of the above on all devices connected to your Mac, in one click
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks for Android features
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite for iOS features
- Android 4.4 or newer for screen recording
- Android 4.3 or newer for screenshots (could work on older devices, please report)
- No Android or iOS SDK required (whaat)
Android Tool outputs both mp4 and an animated gif. The animated gif can be placed in a Google Docs document or an email.
Double click any APK file on your hard drive and Android Tool pops up asking you onto which device you want to install it.
Plain old screenshots
Take screenshots of one or all devices connected to your mac - in one click, or by pressing cmd-shift-S
Your own scripts
Add your own perfect bash shell scripts to the scripts folder and execute them on a single device, or all devices connected to your Mac. See the example script in the scripts folder how to target a the user-selected device.
- Open an issue!
For this project. Find the original project and his contacts here.
For the OBB installer script
adb, fastboot, aapt
The following binaries are covered under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
- adb: Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.39; Version 0.0.1-4500957; NOTICE
- fastboot: 0.0.1-4500957; Android NOTICE
- aapt: Android Asset Packaging Tool; v0.2-4507799; build-tools 27.0.3; NOTICE
Licensed under the ImageMagick License (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Compiled on Mac OSX 10.13.4 with OpenSSL 1.0.2o
libimobiledevice f37b592788bffcb9a70d211aef8b1f84751114ca LGPL-2.1
libusbmuxd 724e70fb52ba45291dc73a2e369c0c5bae0ec2e LGPL-2.1
libplist ec9ba8bff6a4469aa75f6d570ab5109c061c6a9e LGPL-2.1
Tested on Mac OSX 10.13.3 with 11.3 6s plus and 10.3.3 5s
Help us keep the lights on
release/1.69.0 - May 29, 2019
Refactors to the system Reduce memory leaks Resolve recording issues https://github.com/muandrew/androidtool-mac/issues/11
release/1.68.0 - Feb 27, 2019
Add new User Script System
release/1.67.1 - Feb 26, 2019
adds camera permission prompting for MacOS 10.14+