Download on the App Store.
This branch (master)
This branch only works with Xcode 11 and supports iOS 11.0 and above
Please make sure you aim your pull requests in the right direction.
For bug fixes and features for a specific release use the version branch.
Want to contribute but don't know where to start? Here is a list of issues that are contributor friendly
Building the code
- Install the latest Xcode developer tools from Apple.
- Install Carthage
brew update brew install carthage
- Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-ios
- Pull in the project dependencies:
cd firefox-ios sh ./bootstrap.sh
- Build the
Fennecscheme in Xcode.
Building User Scripts
WKWebView) are compiled, concatenated and minified using webpack. User Scripts to be aggregated are placed in the following directories:
/Client |-- /Frontend |-- /UserContent |-- /UserScripts |-- /AllFrames | |-- /AtDocumentEnd | |-- /AtDocumentStart |-- /MainFrame |-- /AtDocumentEnd |-- /AtDocumentStart
This reduces the total possible number of User Scripts down to four. The compiled output from concatenating and minifying the User Scripts placed in these folders resides in
/Client/Assets and are named accordingly:
To simplify the build process, these compiled files are checked-in to this repository. When adding or editing User Scripts, these files can be re-compiled with
webpack manually. This requires Node.js to be installed and all required
npm packages can be installed by running
npm install in the root directory of the project. User Scripts can be compiled by running the following
npm command in the root directory of the project:
npm run build
Creating a pull request
- All pull requests must be associated with a specific Issue. If an issue doesn't exist please first create it.
- Swift code should generally follow the conventions listed at https://github.com/raywenderlich/swift-style-guide.
- Exception: we use 4-space indentation instead of 2.
- This is a loose standard. We do our best to follow this style
- New code should not contain any trailing whitespace.
- We recommend enabling both the "Automatically trim trailing whitespace" and "Including whitespace-only lines" preferences in Xcode (under Text Editing).
git rebase --whitespace=fixcan also be used to remove whitespace from your commits before issuing a pull request.
- Each commit should have a single clear purpose. If a commit contains multiple unrelated changes, those changes should be split into separate commits.
- If a commit requires another commit to build properly, those commits should be squashed.
- Follow-up commits for any review comments should be squashed. Do not include "Fixed PR comments", merge commits, or other "temporary" commits in pull requests.
Help us keep the lights on
20.1-rel - Nov 1, 2019
20.0 - Oct 18, 2019
17.3 - May 28, 2019
Fix an issue with string to int conversion in Application-Services Fix an issue where bookmarks from share sheets were not being saved
17.2 - May 21, 2019
Fixes an issue with UInt in the application-services logins code
17.1 - May 21, 2019
Fixed an issue with sync when using the Chinese sync servers