Utility that decrypts PlayStation Vita pkg file and creates zip package. Supported pkg files - main application, DLC, patch and PSM files. Also supports PSX and PSP pkg files for use with Adrenaline.
- Henkaku / Enso
- NoPsmDrm for PSM titles
- VitaShell v1.76 or newer required for DLC installation
- Adrenaline for PSX or PSP titles
- portable, written in cross-platform C code, runs on Windows, GNU/Linux, macOS (system dependent functionality is isolated in sys.c file).
- small, has no external library dependencies and uses very minimal dynamic memory allocations.
- fast, uses AESNI hardware accelerated AES decryption if supported by CPU (requires AESNI and SSSE3 instructions).
- simple, creates zip package with same folder structure that Vita expects (just drag & drop all file from zip archive to ux0:). Zip file is created directly from pkg without any intermediate temporary files.
- Vita DLC, Vita PATCH and PSM pkg unpacking.
- PSX and PSP pkg unpacking.
- no PSP DLC pkg files are supported.
- no actual title name is extracted for PSM pkg files.
If you have zRIF fake license, then execute:
pkg2zip package.pkg zRIF_STRING
This will create
title [id] [region].zip file. Title, ID and region is automatically detected from pkg file. It will include work.bin file.
If you don't have zRIF fake license, but just want to unpack files, then omit last argument:
Resulting zip file will not include work.bin. This is useful for patch pkg files.
To avoid zipping process and create individual files, use
-x argument (must come before pkg file):
pkg2zip -x package.pkg [zRIF_STRING]
PSX or PSP pkg files do not require zRIF argument. It will be ignored.
For PSP files pkg2zip by default will create .ISO file. To create compressed .CSO file pass -cN argument where N is compression factor. For example, for fastest compression use:
pkg2zip -c1 package.pkg
To create smaller cso file (more compression will require more time) use -c9, or anything inbetween:
pkg2zip -c9 package.pkg
You can combine -cN argument together with -x:
pkg2zip -x -c9 package.pkg
Generating zRIF string
If you have working NoNpDrm license file (work.bin or 6488b73b912a753a492e2714e9b38bc7.rif) you can create zRIF string with
rif2zrif.py python script:
$ python rif2zrif.py path/to/work.bin
It will print zRIF string to stdout.
To generate work.bin from zRIF string use
$ python zrif2rif.py zRIF work.bin
Last argument is optional, it specifies where to save file and defaults to work.bin name.
Get latest Windows binaries here.
ArchLinux users can build binary with pkg2zip package in AUR repository. For example, with pacaur:
$ pacaur -S pkg2zip
make if you are on GNU/Linux or macOS.
- for MinGW make sure you have make installed, and then execute
- for Visual Studio run
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
v1.8 - Nov 17, 2017
- support PSP pkg file unpacking, including NeoGeo, Mini, Go, PC Engine pkg files
- unpack PSP pkg files to ISO or CSO
- better output with UTF-8 encoding on Windows for title names
- show unpacking progress in percents
v1.7 - Nov 1, 2017
- fix issue with patch file unpacking in
v1.6 - Nov 1, 2017
- much faster zip file creation - depending on CPU and disk speed it is now ~2 to 3 times faster
-xargument which makes unpacking files in extracted form - with same layout as ux0
- unpacking PSM pkg files for use with NoPsmDrm
- unpacking PSX pkg files for use with Adrenaline
- unpacking PSP pkg files. Result is not yet directly usable on Vita - it produces EBOOT.PBP which requires to be unpacked further with different 3rd party tool
v1.5 - Oct 27, 2017
- adjust size of tail.bin - now it uses all remaining data after encrypted blob
v1.4 - Oct 27, 2017
- add support for DLC and PATCH pkg file unpacking
- supports unlimited amount of files inside zip file
- fix for zip files larger than 4GB
- drop support for dummy work.bin generation (without key inside)
- drop support for hexkey argument to try generate work.bin