The markdown parsing is broken/disabled for release notes. Sorry about that, I'm chasing the source of a crash that's been bringing this website down for the last couple of days.
- [macOS] [Update the design](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1567433/217407957-4cbf05b4-7560-42a1-b178-f21a40ad7e5d.png) to use the transparent toolbar and move the inspectors to the native left sidebar
- [macOS] Fix an issue with navigation from the metrics screen
- [macOS] Move the button to switch from the horizontal to vertical layout to the details view
- [macOS] Fix an issue with text view not scrolling to the selected match when opened from the full-body console search
> *warning*: the new macOS version is still largely experimental and any feedback is appreciated
- Fix selection not working in search results view on macOS
- Fix transaction details opening an empty page
- Fix a couple of minor issues in light mode on macOS
- Use darker background color for details view (mainly text) on macOS
This release introduces several features from Pulse Pro to the base macOS version of the console (fully implemented using SwiftUI). This is a massive step up from [the previous version](https://kean.blog/images/posts/pulse-3/macos-inspector.png) of the console not optimized for macOS. There are only a few steps left to completely replace it. Pulse Pro 3 will be based on the unified SwiftUI-based codebase and have _all_ the features from PulseUI 3.
- [Redesign](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1567433/215615160-75056ac0-3dc8-45a4-970c-ab7b7e87d4a1.png) the macOS version of the app and introduce some of the feature from Pulse Pro
- Add the new search that was introduced on iOS in [version 3.2](https://github.com/kean/Pulse/releases/tag/3.2.0)
- Add aucomplete for paths
- Fix labels/domains selection in filters - [#152](https://github.com/kean/Pulse/pull/152) by [hayek](https://github.com/hayek)
- Fix backward compatibility with Pulse Pro 2.x
- Add new powerful search. Learn more in the [introductory post](http://kean.blog/post/pulse-search).
- Improve console design
- Add "Sort By" and "Group By" options
- Display pins at the top
- Add "Show Previous Session" button to console
- Add metadata search - [#148](https://github.com/kean/Pulse/pull/148) by [@ejensen](https://github.com/ejensen)
Pulse 3.2 (RC1)
2 weeks ago
- Pins now work as you would expect: they are always pinned to the top of the console
- Fix concurrency issue in search (and reload of pending tasks)
- Fix a couple of other minor issues
Pulse 3.2 (Beta 3)
2 weeks ago
- Further improve how filters and searches are managed. Now recent search terms are not mixed with filters and are displayed only once when you haven't yet entered anything. It's highly unlikely, you are going to need more than two at once (but this is also supported), so no point in cluttering the interface.
- When you select a scope, remove it from the list. You can no longer add the same scope twice.
- When you apply filters with the same time multiple times, it executes an OR predicate (same as if you passed a comma-separated list of parameters)
- "20" is now auto-completed to "20X" when adding a status code filter
- Wildcard string search now supports "begins with / contains / ends with"
- Slightly improve the design of the screen in general: use different icons for searches and filtres; smaller separators; position "clear searches" button separate from the list, etc
- Remove "Query Items" scope
- Add a new mode picker: "All", "Logs", "Tasks". Pulse 2.x had two separate tabs (TabView): one for all messages and one for network requests. In v3.0 they were "demoted" to a single selectable button in the Console's toolbar that wasn't easily discoverable. The new dedicated mode picker in v3.2 has a number of advantages: easily discoverable, shows individual counters for logs and tasks, and also enables new "Logs" mode where only regular logs are displayed.
- Add a workaround for hiding disclosure icons and bring back the cell disclosure icon design from Pulse 2.x that fits significantly more text in the same amount of vertical space
- Add an option to sort message and tasks: `createdAt`, `duration`, `requestSize`, `responseSize` (ascending/descending)
- Add an option to group message and tasks: `label`, `level`, `file`, `url`, `host`, `method`, `taskType`, `statusCode`, `errorCode`
- Add "Show Previous Session" button to the bottom of the messages list
- Add context menu to message and network cells with a preview that shows an expanded message
- Fix the list extending beyond the safe area at the bottom
- Fix a regression in the style of filters form (became plain in 3.2-beta2)
- Add missing transfer size info text on watchOS & tvOS
Pulse 3.2 (Beta 2)
2 weeks ago
- Simplify the tokens/search suggestions. You now add the top suggested filters/tokens/autocomplete/terms by pressing `Tab` instead of `Enter` which no longer removes the focus from the search field. And regular search terms ("Contains: X") will no longer appear in the suggestions as you type – only top matches filters or scopes will. To use the current search bar input for search, simply press `Enter`.
- Simplify the design of the search result list and make it compatible with earlier iOS versions. I'm now using a plain list with DIY separators.
- Fix search appearance animation on iOS 16 (...but break it on iOS 15)
- Add an option to search using wildcards where `*` represents zero or more non-whitespace characters and `?` represents any single character
- Add string search options to search terms: case sensitivity, text/wildcard/regex, begins/contains/ends. Different options can be used for different terms.
- Add a context menu to the search screen that you can use to share the search results or view them as text (and change search options)
- Add a button to remove search history
- Fix an issue with wildcards not being handled properly in the new APIs for filtering logged requests when some regex metacharacters were present in the provided pattern