Welcome to the beautiful world of Swift Processing.
Swift Processing is being developed to enable students, artists, designers, and programmers of all skill levels to create creative iOS App and Augmented Reality experiences.
- Install Xcode through the App Store
- Open Terminal (press Command + Space and type in terminal)
- Download and install the Swift Processing Xcode project template by copying and pasting the following into the terminal.
curl -LO https://github.com/jjkaufman/SwiftProcessingProjectTemplate/archive/master.zip unzip master.zip cp -R SwiftProcessingProjectTemplate-master/ ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates
Hello Swift World Project
Follow the Installation Guide above
Open Xcode (press Command + Space and type in Xcode)
On the top toolbar, click File -> New -> Project
- Scroll down and select the Swift Processing project template
- Type into Product Name "HelloSwiftWorld" and click next. Select the folder you want the project in.
- Finally, we will need to add the Swift Processing dependency into our project. On the top toolbar, click File -> Swift Packages -> Add Package Dependency
- Paste in the Swift Processing github link (https://github.com/jjkaufman/SwiftProcessing) and click next.
- Select the "master" option on the options screen and click next. On the next page, click finish.
- With an iPhone simulator selected, press the play button in the top-left. The iPhone simulator will bootup (be patient) and display a single red circle. Experiment with the MySketch.swift file. Can you get a second red circle to appear in a different location?
SwiftProcessing is an open source project. If you'd let to get involved, join our slack.