A monitoring framework for Vapor servers
🕓 3 days ago
.package(url: "https://github.com/christophhagen/Clairvoyant.git", from: "0.3.0")
Clairvoyant is a framework to provide monitoring data for Swift servers, targeted at Vapor.
It enables the specification of different metrics to publish over a web API, where it can be collected by monitoring instances.
This repository is in early development
Here are the initial requirements:
- Allow publishing of individual metrics
- Allow different data types: Int, Bool, Double, Enum, and complex objects
- Use efficient binary encoding
- Specify read and write access for each property
- Protect information through access control
- Allow logging of changed values to disk
- Allow access to current value and optionally all past values
- Collect metrics from different sources: Variables, log files, online requests, etc.
- Provide information about the retrievable parameters