Persists data to documents directory. Performs CRUD operations. Create. Read. Update. Delete.
- Xcode 10.2+
- Swift 5.0+
Swift Package Installation
To install copy this github url
Navigate to Xcode and do the following:
- select File -> Swift Packages -> Add Package Dependency
- paste the copied url above into the search field in the presented dialog
- In the Choose Package Options select the Version Rules option (default option). Version rules will update Swift packages based on their relesase versions e.g 1.0.1
Click Next then Finish. At this point the package should have been installed successfully 🥳
Swift Package Dependencies
1. Creating a DataPersistence instance
DataPersistence takes a generic type. The generic has two protocol contraints: Codable and Equatable
let dataPersistence = DataPersistence<Person>() // default filename will be "items"
// here a custom filename is supplied to the initializer let dataPersistence = DataPersistence<Person>(with: "podcasts")
All file extensions are .plist (property list) files. File extensions are provided by default and ONLY works with .plist.
2. Saving an item to the documents directory
import DataPersistence dataPersistence.save(item: item)
3. Retrieving saved items from the documents directory
import DataPersistence savedItems = try? dataPersistence.loadItems()
4. Deleting a saved item from the documents directory
import DataPersistence dataPersistence.delete(index: index)
5. Remove all saved items from the documents directory
import DataPersistence dataPersistence.removeAll()
6. Check if a particular item has already been saved to the documents directory
import DataPersistence let itemHasBeenSaved = dataPersistence.hasItemBeenSaved(item: person) // true or false
DataPersistence is released under the MIT license. See LICENSE for details.