The Bluetooth Mesh Provisioner and Configurator library.
🕓 15 weeks ago
.package(url: "https://github.com/NordicSemiconductor/IOS-nRF-Mesh-Library.git", from: "3.2.0")
Bluetooth mesh library for iOS
The nRF Mesh library allows to provision Bluetooth mesh devices, configure and exchange messages.
It is written in Swift, and can be easily added to a 3rd part project using CocoaPods, SPM or Carthage.
See documentation for more information.
The library is compatible with
- Mesh Profile 1.0.1,
- Mesh Model 1.0.1,
- Mesh Device Properties 2.
The mesh network configuration (JSON schema) is compatible with
- Mesh Configuration Database Profile 1.0.
Bluetooth mesh specifications are available at Bluetooth.com.
- Provisioning with all features available in Mesh Profile 1.0.1, including OOB Public Key
and all types of OOB, using GATT bearer.
- Configuration, including managing keys, publications, subscription, and hearbeats (both as client and server).
- Support for client and server models.
- Groups, including those with virtual labels.
- Scenes (both as client and server).
- Managing proxy filter.
- IV Index update (handled by Secure Network beacons).
- Key Refresh Procedure
(using ConfigKeyRefreshPhaseSet messages, not Secure Network beacon).
- Hearbeats (both as client and server).
- Exporting network state with format compatible to
Configuration Database Profile 1.0,
including partial export.
- Option to use own transport layer with default GATT Bearer implementation available.
NOT (yet) supported features
The following features are not (yet) supported:
- The rest of models defined by Bluetooth SIG - PRs are welcome!*
- IV Index update (initiation) - not a top priority, as other nodes may initiate the update.
- Health server messages - in our TODO list.
- Remote provisioning - in our TODO list.
- Device Firmware Update (DFU) - in our TODO list.
nRF Mesh sample app
Most of the features listed above are demonstrated in nRF Mesh sample application.
pod try to install and set up the sample app when using CocoaPods.
The app is available on App Store.
- Provisioning with all available features.
- Configuration of local and remote nodes.
- Managing network (provisioners, network and application keys, scenes), resetting and exporting configuration.
- Managing groups, including those with virtual labels.
- Sending group messages.
- UI for local models, which include:
- Generic OnOff Client and Server,
- Generic Level Client and Server,
- Simple OnOff vendor model by Nordic.
- Support for some server models:
- Generic OnOff,
- Generic Level,
- Generic Power OnOff,
- Vendor models.
- Scenes, both as client and server.
- Automatic connection to nearby nodes and automatic proxy filter management.
All features are tested against nRF5 SDK for Mesh and nRF Connect SDK based mesh devices.
- Xcode 12 or newer.
- An iOS 10.0 or newer device with BLE capabilities.
Any feedback is more than welcome. Please, test the app, test the library and check out the API.
Use Issues to report a bug, or ask a question. We also encourage to submit
Pull Requests with new features or bug fixes.
BSD 3-Clause License.