ProtoKit is a collection of protocols and extensions that make prototyping faster and easier with Swift programming language
ProtoKit is structured as a Package (Swift Package Manager), each swift file contains a specific feature / functionality. Because Swift Package Manager currently lacks support for iOS, a build.sh -script is provided to facilitate use of this framework.
Current features are:
- Closurable (UIControl, UIButton, UIBarButtonItem, UIPageControl, UIGestureRecognizer)
- SourcedError (Custom ErrorType)
- Observer / TypedNotification (way to pass data via observing/notifying)
- Unified Collection (factory and related methods for creating UITableViewDataSources and UICollectionViewDataSources)
ProtoKit version 3.0 and later requires:
- iOS 11+ or tvOS 11+
- Swift 4.1
- Xcode 9.3
- may work also for MacOS 10.11+, does not have support for Unified Collection
- watchOS is not supported
Protocol naming conventions
Protocol types and naming conventions used in this framework:
- Can do => -able => Hashable, RawRepresentable, Equatable
- Is a => -Type => CollectionType, SequenceType, ErrorType
- Can be => -Convertible => FloatLiteralConvertible, CustomStringConvertible
Created and maintained by @moximillian.
Unified Collection inspired by
ProtoKit is released under an MIT License. See
LICENSE for details.
Copyright © 2018-present Mox Soini.
Please provide attribution, it is greatly appreciated.
Help us keep the lights on
4.0.0 - Jul 13, 2018
3.3.0 - May 27, 2018
3.2.0 - May 22, 2018
3.1.0 - Apr 23, 2018
new protocol: Instantiable, replaces Storyboard.instantiate()
3.0.0 - Apr 8, 2018
Requires Xcode 9.3 or later (Swift 4.1)
- Removed Castable
- Removed Injectable
- Added Observer