Swift Language Weather
SwiftWeather has renamed to Swift Language Weather. Because this repo is ranked number one in Google when we search "Swift Weather", I got an email from Swift Weather Company's lawyer to ask me to change the name because they said they are the owner of U.S. Trademark SWIFT WEATHER. After discussed with them, they were not happy with the name SwiftyWeather. Now the new project name is Swift Language Weather. More details can be found on Issue: Open source project using a registered trademark.
Swift Language Weather is an iOS weather app developed in Swift 4. The app has been actively upgrading to adopt the latest features of iOS and Swift language.
The current version is working with Xcode Version Xcode 9.1 (9B55). If you are using different Xcode version, please check out the previous releases.
This version has been upgraded to support iOS 10+ only using Swift 4.
There is three major version of the app released before.
- V1.0 - Support iOS 7+ using CocoaPods and AFNetworking. README.v1.md and Release V1 - Using CocoaPods and AFNetworking
- V2.0 - Support iOS 8+ using Carthage, Alamofire, and SwiftyJSON. README.v2.md and Release V2.0
- V2.1 - Support iOS 8+ using Alamofire and SwiftyJSON. This version has removed Carthage because some developers don't have a paid Apple iOS developer account, and they have issues to build Carthage packages.
- V3.0 - Support iOS 9+ and Swift 3.
- Swift Programming Language
- Design-driven development - Sketch design file
- Custom UIView
@IBInspectable- Reusable UI components
- Size Classes - Support different devices with adaptive layout
- MVVM - Reactively update
- Protocol-Oriented Programming - We use Protocol-Oriented Programming in IBAnimatable open source project.
- Value-based programming - Use immutable value anywhere.
- Icon fonts － Use Weather Icons
- Core Location
- App indexing like CoreSpotlight and
- Unit Tests
- UI Tests
How to build
- Clone the repository
$ git clone https://github.com/JakeLin/SwiftLanguageWeather.git
- Install pods
$ cd SwiftLanguageWeather $ pod install
- Open the workspace in Xcode
$ open "SwiftWeather.xcworkspace"
- Sign up on openweathermap.org/appid to get an appid
$ mkdir .access_tokens $ echo "your-openweathermap-appid" > .access_tokens/openweathermap
Please replace "your-openweathermap-appid" with your actual appid key.
Compile and run the app in your simulator
If you don't see any data, please check "Simulator" -> "Debug" -> "Location" to change the location.
- Xcode 9
- iOS 10+
- Swift 4
Help us keep the lights on
V4.0 - Oct 20, 2018
Support Swift 4
V3.0 - Oct 12, 2017
Support Swift 3
v2.1 - Aug 18, 2015
V2.1 Uses git submodules to manage third party packages.
v2.0 - Aug 16, 2015
V2.0 uses Carthage, Alamofire and SwiftyJSON.
V1 - Jan 2, 2015
V1 uses Cocoapods and AFNetworking