Reading List is a free, open source iOS app for iPhone and iPad. Reading List allows users to track and catalog the books they read.
- Xcode 10.2
Reading List uses a couple of package managers:
brew install mint gem install bundler
The Xcode project should be generated by running XcodeGen:
mint run yonaskolb/XcodeGen
SwiftLint is used to enforce Swift style guidelines. An Xcode build step runs SwiftLint; this requires it to be installed. To install it, run:
mint install realm/SwiftLint
Reading List uses various third party libraries, which are managed using CocoaPods. To ensure that CocoaPods is installed, run
bundler install. To install the libraries, run:
Reading List is written in Swift, and primarily uses Apple provided technologies.
Reading List uses Core Data for data persistence. There are three entities used in Reading List:
List. The attributes and relations between then are illustrated below:
Help us keep the lights on
v1.11.0 - Apr 19, 2019
- Build process adjustments (#16) @AndrewBennet
- Put the book count in the section header, rather than table footer (#18) @AndrewBennet
- Drop iOS 10 support (#17) @AndrewBennet
- General refactor (#19) @AndrewBennet
- Add ordering capabilities to custom Lists (#20) @AndrewBennet
- Delete 1x assets (#21) @AndrewBennet
- Easier List title editing (#22) @AndrewBennet
- Add search functionality to Lists (#23) @AndrewBennet
- Search results improvements (#24) @AndrewBennet
- Sort ordering improvements (#26) @AndrewBennet
- Improved List Management from context of a book (#27) @AndrewBennet
v1.10.1 - Feb 1, 2019
- CI script to include building in release mode (#14) @AndrewBennet
- Better support import of CSV files (#15) @AndrewBennet
v1.10.0 - Jan 31, 2019
- Added a reading progress bar to books currently being read
- Added a setting to control whether new books are added to the top or the bottom of the To Read list
- Enabled quicker update of current page number: when editing reading log details the current page field is preselected
- Prevent duplicate books being shown in results when searching online
- General performance and stability improvements
v1.7.6 - Mar 22, 2018
v1.7 - Feb 13, 2018
Custom Lists. You can now create your own lists and add whichever books you want to it. "Favourites", "Wish List", "Borrowed from the Library" - whatever you need. Add the lists from the book details page (or from the To Read / Finished pages); view the lists from the new Organise tab.
Reworked book details page. The book details page has had a little re-layout, to make it look nicer. On iPads, the extra space is used more effectively.
Share button. Easily share the title and author of a book with the share button on the book details page.
- Numerous other tweaks and improvements.