xcbeautify is a little beautifier tool for
xcpretty, but written in Swift.
- [x] Human-friendly and colored output.
- [x] Supports the new build system's output.
- [x] Supports Xcode 10's parallel testing output.
- [x] Supports formatting Swift Package Manager output.
- [x] Supports macOS & Linux.
- [x] Written in Swift:
xcbeautifycompiles to a static binary which you can bring anywhere. This also means less Ruby-dependant in your development environment and CI.
xcbeautify does not support generating JUnit or HTML test reports.
In fact, you shouldn't rely on
xcodebuild's output to generate test reports.
We suggest using trainer or
generate test reports from
xcbeautify uses itself to format its CI build logs.
brew tap thii/xcbeautify https://github.com/thii/xcbeautify.git brew install xcbeautify
mint install thii/xcbeautify
Build from source
git clone https://github.com/thii/xcbeautify.git cd xcbeautify make install
xcodebuild [flags] | xcbeautify
If you want
xcbeautify to exit with the same status code as
(e.g. on a CI):
set -o pipefail && xcodebuild [flags] | xcbeautify
- [ ] Write more tests
- [ ] Performance improvements
To release a new version, say
make release version=x.y.z
- Upload the newly packaged
xcbeautify-x.y.z-x86_64-apple-macosx10.10.zipfile to GitHub.
Just send a PR! We don't bite ;)
Help us keep the lights on
0.3.4 - Oct 14, 2018
0.3.3 - Oct 14, 2018
0.3.2 - Oct 14, 2018
- Fixes crash when parsing
0.3.1 - Sep 17, 2018
- Fixes format of
0.3.0 - Sep 16, 2018
- Improves format of GenerateDSYMFile and Libtool.