A Swift Web Framework and HTTP Server
Kitura is a web framework and web server that is created for web services written in Swift. For more information, visit www.kitura.io.
Table of Contents
- URL routing (e.g., GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, PATCH)
- Codable routing
- URL parameters
- Static file serving
- FastCGI support
- SSL/TLS support
- Pluggable middleware
Visit www.kitura.io for a Getting Started guide, tutorials, and API reference documentation.
Contributing to Kitura
All improvements to Kitura are very welcome! Here's how to get started with developing Kitura itself.
- Clone this repository.
$ git clone https://github.com/IBM-Swift/Kitura
- Build and run tests.
$ swift test
You can find more info on contributing to Kitura in our contributing guidelines.
We love to talk server-side Swift, and Kitura. Join our Slack to meet the team!
Help us keep the lights on
2.6.2 - Feb 11, 2019
- fix: Prevent crash when an empty
Content-Typeheader is supplied (#1405)
2.6.1 - Jan 25, 2019
- Produce a consistent ordering of elements in OpenAPI definition (#1393)
- Warn when initializing a
StaticFileServeron a non-existent path (#1389)
2.6.0 - Dec 18, 2018
- Consistent handling of parameters for Codable routes #1310
- Initialize TypesafeMiddleware first #1350
- Allow Kitura welcome page to be disabled #1344
- Performance improvement when sending Strings #1369
- Conditional GET using etags #1333
2.5.6 - Nov 29, 2018
- fix: Handle optional query parameters correctly with Type-Safe Middlewares (#1334)
2.5.0 - Aug 30, 2018
- Enhanced OpenAPI support including query parameters
- SwiftNIO support (enable using
env KITURA_NIO=1 swift build)
Router, used in Codable routing
- Performance throughput improvements
- New splash screen