Follow @develobile on Twitter for news about my projects.
Pyto is a Python 3.7 IDE for iPhone an iPad. You can run code directly on your device and offline. Features: - Python 3.7 with all default libraries like "sys" - Pre-installed modules for interacting with the app - Full Python REPL - Use your own modules on your scripts - Code an user interface with the same UIKit interface - Smart code completion - Numpy 1.16.1, Matplotlib 3.0.2 and Pandas 0.24.1 included - Use pip to install pure Python modules from PyPi
$ ./setup.sh and build the
Pyto target from
Thanks to @cclauss for contributions.
If you want to add a library to the app, see this.
Help us keep the lights on
10.0 - Feb 21, 2019
- Debug scripts with pdb and set breakpoints
- Added Pandas
- Updated NumPy to 1.16.1
- Added a setting for tabs
9.0 - Feb 9, 2019
- You can now run scripts from the Notification Center
- Matplotlib figures are now shown in the console (that also fixes some crashes)
- Auto indentation on the editor
- Search bar on the editor
- Errors are now shown in red
- Stopping a script raises now
SystemExitand ^C raises
KeyboardInterruptso it can be handled
- Bug fixes
7.0b1 - Jan 25, 2019
- Browse objects in your scripts with an object inspector
- API changes: Words in functions are now separated by an underscore instead of being separated by an uppercase character.
- Basic code completion on REPL
- Improved code completion
- Code between multiline comments is now highlighted correctly
- Auto save scripts
- Insert two spaces quickly with a button
- Bug fixes
6.0 - Jan 18, 2019
- Choose between multiple themes
- Preview and edit Markdown files
- Scripts can now import "wsgiref"
5.0 - Jan 12, 2019
- New design
- Smarter code completion
- Pass arguments to scripts
- Numpy 1.14.6
- Install pure Python modules from PyPi with pip
- You can now stop running scripts. Also, "sys.exit" or "raise SystemExit" now only stops the currently running script and not the entire app (except in the REPL).